A water leak in your water heater is a serious problem. Call the water heater repair experts at S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We are serious about fixing leaks in water heaters. If your water heater is leaking, it not only means there is a significant problem with the water heater, but that there is a significant water damage risk to the rest of your home. Do not delay. Call S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We know water heaters inside and out, are are on call any time you need help.
Sources of Water Leaks in Water Heaters
When a water leak is discovered, it is often natural to jump to a conclusion that the water heater needs to be replaced. This is not always the case. In fact, there are repairs that may be made to stop the leak without replacing a hot water heater. Yes, there are times when a water heater is at a stage of deterioration and needs to be replaced with a new one, but it is important to have a professional examine the water heater and its connections to accurately determine exactly what the problem is and where the source of the leak is located.
Common sources of leaks on and around water heaters include:
- Fresh water supply. The pipe above the water heater may leak water onto and below the water heater. The connection of the supply pipe going into the water heater should be inspected carefully.
- The temperature and pressure valve on the top of the water heater may leak, especially if the seal fails.
- The water line connectors on the top of the water heater may cause a leak.
- Drain line. The drain valve may not close completely following a flush, and may leak, requiring cleaning and repair, or replacement.
- Corrosion may cause the tank itself to rust from the inside out, leaking in cracks, fissures and holes anywhere on the tank. If this is the case, a replacement of the water heater is required.
We Can Check Your Water Heater for Leaks.
The water heater experts at S & B Plumbing are on call to help when you have a leak that needs attention fast. We provide complete plumbing services for homeowners and businesses throughout the Sugar Land and Southwest Houston, Texas, area:
- Missouri City
- New Territory
- River Oaks
- Sienna Plantation
- West University