Loss of Hot Water
A loss of hot water not only disrupts the day-to-day functions of your home and your life, but signals a serious problem with a water heater. Contact the water heater professionals at S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We know water heaters inside and out, are are ready to help when you have a loss of hot water.
Causes of a Loss of Hot Water
Cold, cool or even lukewarm water in your plumbing taps is a certain indication that something seriously is wrong with your water heater. Call the water heater experts at S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas, for a helping hand. There are several potential reasons why a water heater will fail to do its job and produce hot water.
- Bad valve for gas flow control. Once a gas control valve fails, gas flow stops and the burner shuts down, producing no heat.
- Malfunction of the pilot light or ignition system. Gas from the burner will not light if there is a failure of the pilot light or ignitor.
- Gas burner problems. The jets on a clogged-up, rusty or dirt-filled gas burner positioned below the water tank will eventually fail.
- Bad heating elements. For an electric-powered water heater, one bad heating element will produce much less heat than having all of them operating correctly. Have the burned-out heating element replaced to restore the heating capacity to your water heater.
- Bad dip tube. The dip tube that supplies cold water into the water heater may be misaligned and cause too much cold water to mix in with the hot water.
- Build up of sediment. Minerals like calcium carbonate, and debris like sand and dirt may pass through the water main to your water heater, accumulating to the point where it interferes with the heating elements or burner in heating the water properly. A large accumulation of sediment may even limit the water-holding capacity of your water heater.
Your Source for Solutions: Loss of Hot Water
S & B Plumbing provides residential and commercial plumbing services for communities throughout the Sugar Land, Texas, area, including help with a loss of hot water in your water heater:
- Missouri City
- New Territory
- River Oaks
- Sienna Plantation
- West University