Low pressure or inconsistent pressure is not only a household nuisance, it is a sign of a potentially serious plumbing issue. If you notice changing or inconsistent water pressure when you use a shower, kitchen faucet or bathroom faucet, contact the plumbing professionals at S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We offer top-notch inspection, troubleshooting and source detection of low water pressure problems. Finding out the cause of inconsistent water pressure is the starting point to repairing the problem. If only a single shower head or faucet has low water pressure, then the issue is almost certainly exclusive to the one shower head or one faucet. Repairing or replacing the shower head or faucet will most likely be the solution. If you are experiencing low water pressure from several plumbing fixtures, however, the issue could be much more significant.
Sources of Low Water Pressure or Inconsistent Water Pressure
Low water pressure can be caused by a number of plumbing issues, including:
- Leaks. The plumbing system may lose significant water pressure from an accumulation of pipe leaks or even one larger leak in adjacent pipes.
- Clogged pipes. Water flow can be seriously hampered by debris buildup in the pipes.
- Bad water pressure regulator. The main water pressure regulator may be broken and not performing its job of regulating the flow of water, causing low or inconsistent water pressure.
- Clogged faucet or shower head. Buildup in a faucet or shower head can slow the flow of water to the end user.
- Old or deteriorating plumbing system. It may be time to evaluate the effectiveness of your entire plumbing system.
- Broken water main. The problem may come from outside the home and from a break in the the municipal water main.
We Diagnose Problems with Inconsistent Water Pressure
Find out what is causing your low water pressure problem. Our expert plumbers can inspect and evaluate exactly what is causing a problem with inconsistent water pressure and water flow. S & B Plumbing provides full-service plumbing for residential and commercial needs for communities throughout the Sugar Land and Southwest Houston, Texas, area:
- Missouri City
- New Territory
- River Oaks
- Sienna Plantation
- West University