Plumbing leaks happen in various places and can cause much damage. From a small faucet leak to a sizable mainline leak, S&B Plumbing is your leak repair experts!
VARIOUS TYPES OF LEAKS
MINOR INDOOR LEAKS
From dripping faucets to leaky toilets, to more substantial leaks coming through your sheetrock, we have the solutions you need. These leaks can cause severe damage if not handled promptly. Our Plumbing Technicians are experts at stopping leaks and returning your plumbing system to optimized performance. We specialize in replacing pipes with high-quality Rehau Pipes.
WATER HEATER LEAKS
A water leak in your water heater is a serious problem. Call the water heater repair experts at S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We are serious about fixing leaks in water heaters. If your water heater is leaking, there is a significant problem with the water heater and a considerable water damage risk to the rest of your home. Do not delay. Call S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas. We know water heaters inside and out, are on call any time you need help.
Sources of Water Leaks in Water Heaters
When a water leak occurs, it is often natural to jump to the conclusion that the water heater needs replacing. This is not always the case. There are repair options to stop the leak without replacing a water heater. Yes, there are times when a water heater is at a stage of deterioration and needs replacing. Still, it is essential to have a professional examine the water heater and connections to accurately determine what the problem is and where the location of the leak.
Common sources of leaks on and around water heaters include:
- Freshwater supply. The pipe above the water heater may leak water onto and below the water heater.
- The temperature and pressure valve on the water heater may leak, especially if the seal fails.
- The water line connectors on the top of the water heater may cause a leak.
- Drain line. The drain valve may not close entirely following a flush and may leak, requiring cleaning and repair, or replacement.
- Corrosion may cause the tank itself to rust from the inside out, leaking in cracks, fissures, and holes anywhere on the tank. If this is the case, a replacement of the water heater is required.
- We Can Check Your Water Heater for Leaks.
Broken water lines are a plumbing emergency. If identified in time, our fast-response team can handle these issues before they cause too much damage. If the broken water line is inside your home, the first thing you should do when you discover it is to turn off the main water valve to your home. The main water line is typically located at the point the water line from the main municipal water line enters your home. Shutting off the main water line will stop water from flowing from the damaged pipe in your home, preventing further water damage. The next thing you should do is call a certified plumber to locate the problem area and diagnose the cause of the broken water line. Knowing this, the plumber can offer you the best solutions to fix the problem. If the broken water line is outside your home on the pipe leading from the municipal mainline to your home, call a plumber to identify where the break is occurring.
How to Tell if a Water Line Is Broken
There are several ways to tell if you are experiencing a water line break outside your home between your home and the municipal water main on the street or road:
- Water streaming on the sidewalk or the street
- Water leaking out of the foundation
- Hissing or bubbling noises at the connection of the pipe to the building
- Water puddling in your yard
- A water line break commonly happens from aging and corroding. Tree root infestation, electrolysis, and construction mistakes can also cause a water line to break. The broken water line response team at S & B Plumbing will determine if an effective repair will involve replacing a section or replacing the complete line.
DRAIN LINE LEAKS
A drain line breakage is a severe plumbing issue. Rest assured that S & B Plumbing is ready to help you fix the problem fast, efficiently, and affordably. When a drain line breaks, it can potentially affect every other drain line in your home. Do not risk further water damage, contamination, and messes inside your home. Call the experienced drain line breakage experts at S & B Plumbing, who will find the source of the break and repair it quickly, conveniently, and effectively.
Complete Services for Repairing Drain Lines
Often clogged drain lines cannot be fixed merely by cleaning them out. Many times, drain lines have experienced breaks. They need repairs to return then to a fully-functioning operational status to drain all of the other drain pipes in your home.
The drain line repair team at S & B Plumbing can fix any drain line problem, including:
- Pipes weakened by rust and corrosion
- Failed seals and joints between pipe sections
- Weakened sections of pipes
- Pipes with pinholes, cracks, fissures, and holes
- Damaged, split and collapsed piping
- Pipes with tree root infiltration
Complete Gas Line Repair Service
If you need a gas line repaired or replaced, or are planning a remodeling project and considering upgrading to gas appliances, such as a gas stove, call us for a free consultation. We can explain what goes into a gas line extension, repair, or installation. S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, provides a complete line of gas line repair, replacement and installation services:
- New Gas Line Installation
- Existing Gas Line Repair
- Gas leak detection
- Gas line extension
- Gas line location
- Gas line repair
- Gas pipe fitting repair and replacement
- Gas appliance installation
- Gas valve repair & replacement