Sugar Land Water Heater Repair
Water heater repair is convenient, easy and affordable when you have a plumbing professional you can trust. Call S & B Plumbing, Sugar Land, Texas, when your water heater is malfunctioning or broken completely. We know water heaters inside and out, are are ready to help when your water heater is not working right.
Signs of a Malfunctioning Water Heater
The average tank water heater lasts seven to 15 years. Even after eight to 10 years, a typical water heater will run less efficiently as sediment builds up, parts corrode, calcium coats heating elements and the water heater wears down. When you see signs of a water heater beginning to break down, have it checked to prevent a possible disaster as a bad water heater leaks into a home.
Signs of a water heater breaking down:
- Old age. When you can verify your water heater is approaching the end of its useful life, it may be better to replace it with a more energy-efficient model. You should seriously consider changing out your water heater if is is 10 or more years old.
- Making noises. As sediment, including calcium, builds up, re-heats again and again, and hardens, a water heater will become loud and lose energy efficiency. Gurgling, rumbling and banging sounds indicate a large buildup of sediment which will wear down components of a water heater.
- Water leaking. This is a sure sign that there is something wrong with your water heater. The inside metal tank could be fracturing as it heats up and cools. Water can leak from cracks, pinholes, fittings, valves, connections, pipes and other areas.
- Not hot enough. If your shower is just not as hot as it used to be, the water heater is growing older and unable to heat up water as when it was new.
- Discolored water. Corrosion of interior parts of the water heater will release rust into the water. This may be a sign to replace the old water heater.
We Handle All Types of Plumbing Repairs, Including Water Heater Repair
S & B Plumbing is ready to help you with water heater repair. We provide residential and commercial plumbing services for communities throughout the Sugar Land and Southwest Houston, Texas, area:
- Missouri City
- New Territory
- River Oaks
- Sienna Plantation
- West University